Sunday, March 31, 2013

Is this thing on? Hello World!

Welcome to my blog. A buffet of ramblings, insights, and general (light hearted) non-sense from author Chris Salisbury. 

I don't normally sit on books, but when I do, I prefer old hardbacks ;-) !
I admit it, I'm a closet geek, nerd, whatever label you want to place on me. I like to write, I dig fantasy and sci-fi movies, and when I was a youth I took Dungeons & Dragons very seriously (until I discovered girls, driving, and realized break dancing was on its way out).

I'm disguised as a jock in a, well, used-to-be-an-athlete-body. I'm 6'6" and I love team sports like baseball, softball, basketball etc. But anything that requires balance I'm a total loss - skiing, water skiing, ice skating... riding a bike. Want a good laugh? Slap a couple of skis on me and drag me around the lake a few times. It's a riot as I usually have a couple of near death experiences, a belly full of water and a good muscle pull. Oh well.

I love to travel, just certified to scuba dive (which is freaking awesome) but most of all I love being a husband and father. I've been married to my wife, Kendle, for 16 years and she definitely keeps me on my toes. I have crazy kids - Taylor (girl 14), Spencer (boy 12), Connor aka CJ (boy 6), and Carter (boy 5).

So I guess you could say I'm a man of two worlds. By day I put on my husband/father/coach/worker persona and by night fight crime, slay dragons, and explore the cosmos. Ready or not, here you'll get a dose of both here - hope you enjoy the ride!

--Chris Salisbury
Aka: Salzy, Steak, T-Bone, Raspberry, Salad Dressing, Salz, Lighthouse, The Navigator, Topper Harley, Pottymouth22 (my xbox handle)  ... Dad (and probably a few others I can't share in public ;-)